Monday, February 22, 2016

11/12 House Basketball Championship Preview

Alright so the championship game is Wednesday, it is really late on Monday night, so you cannot expect anything great from this preview. I mean I would love to write something super special as it is my final time ever writing a House article (I'm crying), but that ain't happening. Still, I do it for the people, so here is some type of preview. Also, I'm going to throw down a prediction to see what happens. Wish me luck. HHHHOOOOOUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE. (If you find any errors in what I said, sorry, I did this in 10 minutes)

UPDATE: The game is on Friday. I was lied to.


Hawks:
The Hawks were able to make it to the title game in typical Hawks fashion, winning dramatic game after dramatic game. Their last win was against the (former) heavy favorites in the Nuggets, but an Andrew Mathew put-back buzzer beater shattered the Nuggets dreams of a championship season. 24 points from Chris Drake also helped the cause, and it seems like the team is starting to click at exactly the right time. 

Raptors:
Dear Everyone on the Raptors,
Remember that time I said you were the worst team in the league? Good times. Sorry about that.

Anyway, the Raptors two game skid to end the season raised questions on whether or not they would be able to make a playoff run, but they squashed those doubts by defeating the Knicks, earning their spot in the championship game. Remaining one of the best offenses in the league, the Raptors are the downright favorite heading into Wednesday nights championship match up. 


Head-to-Head
The two teams met once during the later part of the regular season, and the Hawks were able to win that game 45-40.

Offensive Advantage (Statistically): Raptors

Defensive Advantage (Statistically): Hawks

Prediction:
Both of these teams were kind of low in my preseason rankings, which just goes to show how reliable I am. By the way I am just saying the Raptors are the favorite to win because of the seeding, I have no basis whatsoever to say why they are the favorite. Anyway, the Raptors do have a distinct size advantage over most teams, but it kind of evens out against the Hawks. John Foley, Jack Baylis and Andrew Mathew combine to be enough for the Hawks to take on the Raptors Emmet Sheehan. Jack Beatty can also do some work in the paint, but that leaves a hole on who will be guarding the Hawks Connor Mulliken. All in all, the Raptors are the younger of the two teams, and I see the Hawks seniors wanting to go out with a 'ship to end their House careers. Hawks win. 


Now here comes the usual "last time doing this, I'm going to miss it speech", but that isn't happening. I'm not going to miss this at all. Well, maybe playing, but writing? Nah. Anyway, House Awards will come out some time next week probably. Who knows if I will even do them. Go Cubs.

No comments: