Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hollis Perticone Profile: College Decision, Upcoming Season, and More

by Colleen Heaney

How does Senior Hollis Perticone prep for a big game?

“A good lunch. I go to bed early the night before. And we always wear sports clothes to school, so I’m comfortable and relaxed for the big game.”

Perticone is one of the four captains on the Wave Girls Lacrosse team this year. Ellie Bennett, Emily Stein, and Dillon Schoen join her in leading this year’s team. The team is looking forward to a great season with “big plans for the postseason.” The squad is coached by Lisa Lindley, and the program has a long history of successful seasons.

Perticone is heading to Middlebury College next fall, to play lacrosse and possibly field hockey. The decision was tough for her, as she enjoyed many of the schools she visited.

“I decided to play lacrosse because I didn’t want to gain the freshman 15. Kidding! I knew I really wanted to play in college. D3 isn’t as a big of a commitment as D1, which I’m excited about. It’s also awesome that I will be integrated into the school easier with my teammates. I’ve automatically been given a family which makes the transition better.  I love lacrosse; I couldn’t give up the sport just yet! Also, my sister Lexie plays in the NESCAC as well, so I’ll be able to play her!”

Perticone is also excited for the new jumbotron. “It’s the first time Wave Girls Lax will ever use it. We are so excited!”

Last year, Wave Girls Lacrosse won both the FCIAC and State Final. Good luck to them this season!

Come cheer on Perticone and the rest of her team their first official season game next Wednesday April 9th, against Norwalk High School at 4:00 pm on the Stadium Turf!



No comments: