Friday, February 11, 2011

9/10 House Basketball Playoff Predictions


-By: Matt House Brown-

The thing that the world has been waiting for since the beginning of winter is finally here: the Y House Playoffs. It will be a tough road for whoever makes it, but whoever it is will definitely deserve to wear the blue shirts. And I will enjoy writing about it. If you aren’t in church this Sunday (2/13) you should come catch some of the games on the Middlesex Middle School court. Here are this weekend’s matchups and my humble predictions.

9 AM- (8) Bobcats vs. (9) Nets- Both of these teams have young talent but underachieved in the regular season. Despite the low seeds this game could turn out to be one of the most exciting matchups of the day. Both teams could win, however, the Nets have been throttle in both weeks leading into the playoffs and I think they will be demoralized. Plus, the Bobcats have beaten up on lesser opponents all year and competed against teams in which the Nets were slaughtered. Bobcats win.

Players to Watch: Danny Coyle (Bobcats) and freshman Brad Magnusson (Nets)

10 AM- (7) Wizards vs. (10) Bulls- The Wizards are riding into the playoffs off the win and look to get a streak going against the Bulls. It is hard to not count the Bulls out, but I feel like I need to here. I hope that I am wrong but if the Brunswick twins, the Skolds, show up the Wizards will easily win. But if the Skolds oversleep and miss the game, I’m feeling an upset.

Players to Watch: sophomore Christian Bognar (Bulls) and the Skolds twins (Wizards)

11 AM- (4) Celtics vs. (5) Raptors- I will be the first to admit I love the Celtics. I love the Celtics. However, I see the Raptors coming out with a chip on their shoulders and no sleeves on their arms. The Celtics proved in a win over the Knicks they can play with the best, but showed in a loss to the Heat they can get killed by them too. Raptors win big. Players to Watch: sophomore Nick Pettit (Celtics) and freshman Peter Traver (Raptors)

12 PM- (3) Knicks vs. (6) Hornets- I expect that the Knicks will be revitalized with the return of sophomore Jack Travers. Sophomore Craig Lamantia will also be at his best hungry for a championship. I don’t want to count out sophomores Casey Burke, Carl Stowell, and the Hornets, but I count out the Hornets as a team. Knicks win.

Players to Watch: Criggity Crog (Knicks) and sophomore Carl Stowell (Hornets)

2PM- (1) Bucks vs TBD- If the Bucks play the Bobcats they win… If they play the Nets they win. Player to Watch: the one and only Brunswick sophomore & Bucks superstar Jack Sherwood. (pictured)

3PM- (2) Heat vs. TBD- The Heat will play either the Wizards of the Bulls. The Heat beat the Wizards pretty badly in the regular season, which gives the odds to the Heat in that potential matchup. I look for much of the same unless the Heat chokes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Stacey Wilkins.

Anonymous said...

agreed

Anonymous said...

i 2nd that