Friday, May 31, 2013

Profile: Peter Gesualdi, Lacrosse

Senior Peter Gesualdi is a member of the Darien Boys Lacrosse team. His position is defensive mid field, or what he calls “short stick D-middy”. Gesualdi has been a strong and important player on the Darien High School lacrosse team over the past four yaers, and will continue to share his talent in college. Neirad met up with Gesualdi to ask him some questions about his lacrosse experience:
How long have you been playing lacrosse? 
“I’ve been playing lacrosse since 1st grade.”
What position do you play?
“I used to play offense when I was younger but now I play short stick D-middy.”
What has been your most memorable lacrosse experience over the past four years?
“When we beat New Canaan in states last year, that was pretty memorable.”
How has the boy’s lacrosse team been this year?
“We’re not as good as we’ve been in the past years but we’re competing for state championship which is coming up in the next two weeks.”
Where are you playing next year? Are you excited?
“Next year I’m playing at Hobart and yes I’m very excited! I probably won’t start but I want to contribute to the team as much as I can.”
What made you choose to play at Hobart?
“I was also looking at Dickinson and Trinity, I chose Hobart because I liked the coaching staff and the overall campus. The coach also really sold me.”
It looks like Peter Gesualdi will continue to play lacrosse and extend his skills to his future college teammates at Hobart. We wish him the best of luck!



No comments: