Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodbye House Basketball

-By William Wygal-

So it ends…on Wednesday March 11th my YMCA House Basketball career finally ended after seven years of straight success and glory. My team, orange team, went down after three epic games in the playoffs. In the last game we faced off against red team, led by Zach Yezzi. They worked well together and took us out after a long overtime thriller. There were many three pointers, some slight violence, and a lot of tears at the end. Once the game was over I looked at the past seven years of House Basketball. YMCA House Basketball has always been there for me; it has always been an activity to keep me away from drugs and alcohol. It has also been a source of competition and good healthy fun. With that, goodbye House Basketball, it was magnificent.

No comments: